Energrow is a small and growing agricultural manufacturer that is the North American leader in oilseed crushing and pressing. Energrow Inc has over 15 years of experience building reliable pressing equipment. We’re eager to scale our team so that we can continue to provide excellent customer service and support to our existing and new customers. Energrow is seeking a reliable, ambitious individual to join our growing team in the capacity of Operations & Service Manager.
In this role, the incumbent will spend approximately 50% of their time overseeing the general operations of Energrow including the oil program, marketing initiatives, human resources management, and planning for long term initiatives and success. The other 50% will be spent supporting dealers and customers by providing on-site and virtual service, support, and training. The incumbent will work closely with Energrow’s cofounders to support scaling the operations, streamlining processes and procedures and growing the team.
The ideal candidate will be located in Southwestern Ontario and is able to work at the Energrow head office at minimum 3 days per week and will have the option to work from a home office providing virtual support and visiting distributors for the remainder of the week.
Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Service and maintain Energrow machines by responding to service requests from dealers and customers in a timely manner.
- Perform system checks, maintenance, and corrections on equipment and systems.
- Create print and video training materials for dealers and customers for frequently asked questions.
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for common problems that customers may experience with Energrow equipment and map solutions.
- Read and generate reports from Energrow equipment.
- Collaborate with the Product Manager on new research and development opportunities to improve existing products and design and build new products.
- Comply with the OHSA regulations as well as company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Keep work areas clean and organized.
Operations Manager Responsibilities:
- Increase customer and dealer value through improved communication support and response times
- CRM data entry, tracking and automation improvement to support sales processes
- Implement and manage standard procedures and processes for Office and Oil Program
- Human resource management: developing job descriptions, hiring for new and vacant positions, developing and implementing attractive compensation and benefits programs, overseeing training and development of employees.
- Event support
- Support upkeep of marketing materials and online presence including website and social media
- Bookkeeping and inventory management
- Supervision of coop students and summer interns
- Complete other general duties, as assigned or required
- 2-5 years of administrative or managerial experience
- Mechanical or machining background
- Experience handling materials utilized in manufacturing and agricultural processes
- Exceptional attention to detail, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and use critical thinking to solve problems.
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to act as the face of Energrow with our customers and dealers.
- Valid G Class Driver’s License and reliable personal transportation to commute to local farms as needed.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Knowledge of electrical and wiring schematics are an asset.
- Knowledge of agricultural manufacturing equipment is an asset.
- Able and willing to wear PPE, safely climb ladders, and occasionally lift boxes up to 50lbs.
If you meet some, but not all of these qualifications and are eager to learn, please consider applying! We’re willing to train the right individual.
- Energrowoffice, customer farms, dealerships, and home office.
- Depending on work area, exposure to hot, humid, wet, cool/cold and/or breezy conditions
- May be exposed to chemicals/fumes (low risk), dust/particulates, and varying noise levels
Ideal start date: April/ May 2022
- 40 hours per week
- Flexible hours
- $25-33 per hour plus potential for annual profit sharing.
- Benefits following 3 months of employment:
- 15 vacation days per year + up to 5 unpaid vacation days (more as required)
- 10 paid statutory holidays per year
- 3 paid sick days per year
We thank all candidates for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The interview process includes a phone and/or video interview, and an in-person interview. Check us out here: www.energrow.com